Thursday, March 17, 2011

Modge Podge!

So I've really been wanting to start an herb garden in my kitchen and have been looking for some cute little planters. After a few months of looking I decided I would have to buy some ugly ones and MAKE them cute.  I bought a few of these plain planters that were on sale

Then got out my modge podge and painted little swirly designs on them. Once they had dried I spray painted them red. Much better if I do say so myself! When I was bringing the big one inside, there was a grotesquely hairy bug on it! So naturally I dropped it. Before I started over I thought I'd try to glue it back together and I think it gives it a little extra character.

Now to plant some basil, cilantro and garlic. I'll let you know how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment