Thursday, February 24, 2011

“My dog, she looks at me sometimes with that look, and I think maybe deep down inside she must know exactly how I feel. But then maybe she just wants the food off my plate.”

This is Zoe. Little furry love of my life!
Zoe likes....


Watching TV

Snow

Hiking


 Her Bag (Yes, we have a doggie bag. This was intended for carrying her when she was a puppy and couldn't make the long distances on our hikes as you can see above. However, Zoe doesn't realize she's a big girl now and still loves it when we get the bag out.)


As you can see, she is adorable. And quite unaware that she is not human. This might be due to the fact that I and the rest of my family treat her like our baby. But every dog has her flaws and Zoe's is a stubbornness that my husband claims rivals my own. This has resulted in two long years of potty training. Now the worst part of all this potty training was my belief that she knew what we wanted and just refused to give it to us. I really had no hard proof of this until recently. We had finally worked out a routine of two walks a day that seemed to eliminate indoor accidents. I should note here that Z is very courteous about her indoor BM's, she kindly preforms them in our bathtub....not something we taught her but I must say its easier to bleach that way! Anyways, we had a schedule, schedule was working. Then one afternoon my friend and I were having a little craft time (yes, I realize I'm an 80yr old woman) and were grossly neglecting little Z. Later that evening she had a very unproductive walk and we soon discovered why. During craft time, Z had exacted her revenge on me with a steaming pile of vindictive wrath in the tub. Anger and frustration begin to build inside me. Will it never end?!
And then I look at this face.

1 comment: