Tuesday, February 22, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog (I realize this Shakespearean tag line has been butchered and overused, but will one more reference hurt?)

A few months ago my sister introduced me to Stumbleupon.com. I was hooked! So many sites, blogs, videos now so easily accessible. The personal blogs were what caught my eye however, and I began to think maybe I could do this too. And, the snide voice in my head added, then you can actually be a contribution to society instead of getting a sore thumb from clicking the stumble button over and over...

When I was younger, on a particularly sweltering summer day in Houston, my best friend and I were hit with a sudden impulse to accomplish something and decided to set up a lemonade stand. While creating our sign we decided we needed a catchy name to set ourselves apart from the other more generic lemonade stands we had seen. We settled on Hotsy Totsy Lemonade! Only 10 cents a cup! Like many of my bouts of creativity, this was short-lived and little came of it. (I tend to be impatient and have been self diagnosed with ADD) I believe we ended up chasing neighbors down to force feed them free cups of lemonade.

So when I created this blog on another creative impulse it felt a lot like that summer day when I decided to try something many others had tried before and give it my own little spin...and give it away for free of course! Here's hoping I stick with it!

1 comment:

  1. I am so very excited about this!! I was having a horrible Tuesday, but reading this put a smile on my face! I love you and miss you and can't wait to read something I didn't just happen to "stumble" on! haha

    ReplyDelete