Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Garlic Fried Rice

One of my favorite restaurants is Benihana. As a 6 year old when given the choice of eating anywhere for my birthday, even Chuckie Cheese, it was only Benihana's for me. I would spend the entire evening attempting to eat the fried rice with my chopsticks. Unfortunately there is not a Benihana in Shreveport so I decided to try and make the fried rice myself. Here's my first effort. I think it turned out pretty good but I'll update you as a get closer to the real thing!


Ingredients
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice
2 green onions sliced thin
1 carrot chopped fine
1/4 c. white onion chopped fine
2 T soy sauce
4 cloves garlic minced
1 1/2 T vegetable oil
sesame seeds

- Cook rice according to package instructions. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil on medium high heat and add garlic, stir frequently for one minute.
- Add rice and stir quickly mixing in the oil and garlic.
- Pour in soy sauce, carrots and onions mix well for 2 minutes or until white onions are slightly softened.
- Salt and pepper to taste garnish with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment